ULTRASOUNDS

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

SLIDE SHOWS OF ULTRASOUNDS AND BELLY GROWTH!

You can view the slide shows of the ultrasounds and belly growth at the bottom of this blog.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

35 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!! OMG!!!

Dear Nevaeh,

Your Mommy is 35 weeks pregnant now, but you are measuring 36 weeks!  Even though the doctor moved up your induction date by one week, I haven't changed the pregnancy ticker date, and I am not sure why?! You should still be packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. I bet you weigh over 6 lbs. to 6 1/2 lbs. by now and are more than 18 1/2 inches long! You are shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered your body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected your skin during these several months!  You are swallowing both of these substances, along with other secretions, which will result in a blackish mixture, called meconium....this will form the contents of your first bowel movement.  Speaking of this, Grandma has a confession....we are buying diapers weekly to help Mommy and Daddy out when you arrive......However, having the diapers here was simply tooooo much of a temptation.  I actually opened a pack of diapers, stared, touched and even sniffed them......yes, that's right, I actually sniffed the diapers.  Ahhh what a sweet baby smell!  Your Aunt Caitlin and Grandpa Dason think I am pathetic!  LOL!  I would rather think the waiting is getting the better of me!

You are in a head-down position and telling Mommy you are ready.....she is thinning out and has inconsistent braxton hicks contractions (more in her back!). Yesterday some of them hit the 60 mark when monitored while Mommy was in the Labor and Delivery unit for the stress test.  At the end of this week, you will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Please stay put until I get there next weekend....then you have my permission to come anytime, but I really want to be there and witness this miracle!

Mommy will send me a belly picture tomorrow!

Love, Grandma Dason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultrasound Video- Watch Baby Nevaeh Grow!

Watch Courtney's Belly Grow!