ULTRASOUNDS

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

SLIDE SHOWS OF ULTRASOUNDS AND BELLY GROWTH!

You can view the slide shows of the ultrasounds and belly growth at the bottom of this blog.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

28w1d- BIRTHING CLASS

Before Courtney switched her nursing classes to occupational therapy, she had labor and delivery rounds at the hospital as part of her coursework so she decided not to take the birthing class offered.  Caitlin, her sister just sat through a 6 hour birthing class as part of her nursing requirements. The neatest thing they did to help the dads understand what moms are going through was to have each person put a handful of ice in a clinched fist and hold it there for 1 minute while practicing the breathing techniques......of course I had to try this when Caitlin explained it.  I only lasted 10 seconds.  Thank God I am not the one having the baby!!!!

Also discussed was the hospital bag that should be packed and ready about a month before the due date:
Slippers
Robe
Focal Point
Music (MP3)
Sour Candy
Lotion/Oil
Lip Balm
Mouth Wash
Toothbrush
Snacks
Warm Socks
Items for Massages
List of Phone Numbers
Change for Vending Machines
Hand Mirror
Pen and Paper
Camcorder or Camera
Extra Pillows
Breast Feeding Pillow
2-3 Nursing Bras and Pads
Books/Magazines
Toileting Products
Baby Outfits
Infant Car Seat
Comfortable Outfit for Mommy to Wear Home (Thanks for this suggestion, Mellow!)

2 comments:

  1. And something very comfortable to wear home! Great list! I will use it...since I will not be going to any classes. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog, and for posting this list! I haven't even started thinking about the hospital bag yet, though I guess I should as the Braxton-Hicks are getting more annoying again.
    You're lucky to get to be such a young grandma. Must be why you're technologically way more advanced than my Mum. She can handle internet banking and email, but not a lot more. A blog and posting photos or videos would be totally beyond her.
    Your daughter's looking great! I can see what you meant about my long torso hiding stuff vs her shorter torso. She really popped a lot earlier than I did. Here's hoping both of us have another while to wait before our babies arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Ultrasound Video- Watch Baby Nevaeh Grow!

Watch Courtney's Belly Grow!